Is your athlete wanting to become a VPSC swimmer for the 2022-23 season? All incoming athletes must participate in an assessement and/or trial practice.
Assessments for September will be run in August at the Kerrisdale Community Centre.
New Swimmer Assessments
Assessments for swimmer age 10&U take place in a group of 4-8 swimmers, and allow our coaches to view the swimmers' skills and ability. Swimmers age 11&O will need to complete a trial practice with a competitive group to finalize their placement.
Our group placement is based on both age and ability - we determine age as of March 1st, 2023. The minimum age to join VPSC is 6 years old as of the first day, with no exceptions. All groups for swimmers age 11&O are competitive programs and require prior competitive experience. Below are the skills swimmers will be tested on during assessment - please note that this list is not exhaustive. All swimmers must be able to swim in deep water without assistance.
Contact us for more information.
10&U Assessment Guidelines by Age
- Ages 6-8: 25m front crawl, 25m backcrawl, 50m kick, deep water safe
- Age 9: 50m front crawl, 50m backcrawl, 15m whip kick or elementary backstroke, dive, somersault
- Age 10: 100m front crawl, 75m backcrawl, 25m elementary backstroke or breaststroke swim, 15m dolphin kick, dive, somersault
Email our Intake and Recruitment desk with any questions!
See you at the pool!
Ready to sign up?
Follow the steps below to create your account and register.
- Click "Sign In" in the top right corner of the website
- Select the green "Create Account" button
- Fill out all account information, and be sure to select "Add Member" (this is where you put your swimmer(s) information).
- Double check that all information is accurate
Please note that a valid credit is required to complete registration.
Once those four steps are done, visit the link below to sign up for an Assessment.